Friday, December 03, 2004

Pride and the Den

This mesys Leo has been pondering, the warm noise of the furnace prevents ina ctual listening, and as the night unwinds, its color filling bedside glasses, I sit awake, hunched incorrectly over my keyboard, unlike Larry Mullins, I don't like to hit things, I am curious and often ill-tempered. Perhaps some simple-minded Henry Higgins is an apt analogy. The past few minutes of this hazy evening have been devoted to my scouring on Powells, Amazon and ebay. Oh, I do pry and ponder. The questions of late have been epic and largely historical, though my selections betray metaphysics, I am afraid, for why else be concerned with the arc of the meek, the untimely vanquishing of the "Chosen" - who made the selection and how do meet it now? What do full bellies and walls against the tundra belittle?

My trip to Chicago shall require Faulkner. I plan on rereading As I Lay Dying and reading Sanctuary in its entirety. I remain prepared for the tepid stature of the latter, but am excited nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home