Thursday, January 20, 2005

neologisms

Actually Hans' beatific state was descrivbed by himself as "doziness" as N corrected me after posting last night. It was quite blissful to share impressions of the lush text before drifiting off into winter slumber. Much like Hans, I have the greatest respect for work but i tire easily.

Joel sent me an article from the New Yorker by Seymour Hersch about the new wars of the second W Administration and while there was nothing surprising in this survey of Rumsefeld avoiding Legislative oversight, it was distressing.

2 Comments:

Blogger genevieve said...

Hey I thought you were supposed to be reading The Recognitions too Mr.Faith - I have just joined the club, having abandoned The Magic Mountain a while ago. More fool me, I'll follow your blog when I've got T.Recs nailed.
Hans at this point reminds me of the eponymous hero of Goncharov's Oblomov - this I read at nineteen and was fearful of ending up like him for quite some time afterwards!

7:07 AM  
Blogger genevieve said...

forgive me for intruding, I didn't realise this was a family reading of TMM till I read further down the blog.Wish my spouse would read some nineteenth century novels ( even some European ones would do).Revenons a nos moutons.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home