Saturday, April 02, 2005

Into A Void

The Final Solution by Chabon was swallowed in an afternoon. It was quite agreeable and noticeably respective of maintaining a distance between the logic of Holmes and the incomprehension of the Shoah.

The time since has witnessed a laungch into Catton's Army of the Potomic trilogy. I find Catton alert and his prose adroit, It is also a pleasure to read it in tandem with Roger. My nocturnal travels in the Applebaum contiue. Today an ague has left me prone the entire afternoon. I devoted such time to 200 pages of the Applebaum. I have also began a rereading of Koba The Dread by Amis. The Great Terror was bought used online and my friends will begin our reading of Collapse in the immediate future.

2 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

After reading the Catton's Army of the Potomac Trilogy,I had this desire to want some how to see and experience that space and time. Funny, we read and learn of wars in other parts of the world and most Americans could not tell you squat about our own war between the states.

5:15 PM  
Blogger jon faith said...

No one will ever confuse my dad with the erudite but i was stunned recently to learn that he believed that south lost because their rank and file were stupid, though th eplanter class had honor. He also belives that there were only 3-4 battles of any merit. I agree with you Ed.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home