Saturday, March 18, 2006

Presently

Drinking red wine as if there were no tomorrow and exploring opprtunities to buy novels by Anthony Powell, how convenient that his name was pronounced 'pool.' It is a strange life. I suppose I should formulating strategies for Monday;s surge through downtown bookstores, the first time, I gather, since Joel and I made way in the summer of 1995. Hrabal, Powell and Goytisolo head the list, Burton will at last be stricken and I suppose that Colin MacInnes, hero of the lates Believer, will warrant esteemable effort on Martes.

1 Comments:

Blogger jon faith said...

What to do? Especially given the discordant nature of what one buys and what is able to read: this divergance is inevitable but still painful. I'd like to add Kemal, Abe, and Kluge to those lists.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home