Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Mourner

Earlier in the week I encountered a contest (details here) concerning flash fiction and a Parker break-in of a bookstore. Excited by the premise, I dashed off an attempt in 14 minutes. Finding myself pleased with my effort, even if no one else was, I pondered this and realized that I had never read a Parker novel by Richard Stark. That night I dream I was enrolled in a MFA type course and that under a deadline I wrote a story about Rick and Renault's future after they flee Morocco. It was a good dream.

It is a sublime day in Indiana. A solid walk to the library allowed me the opportunity to sit on the porch and read Stark's The Mourner in one sitting. My Parker flash lacks all the grit but i am still pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home