Monday, February 07, 2011

A Laugh

(courtesy of my wife's brother, and apparently enhanced if related w/ Croatian emphasis)

Immigration officials at LaGuardia were stunned by the appearance of a loudmouthed red-skinned being who quickly announced,
I'm a little Devil
I have a little suitcase
I came here to steal

The officials thought of immediate rendition but instead admonished the Devil that the USA was a free nation which didn't allow such and that he'd better head back across the ocean.

Arriving in Heathrow, Devil approached the authorities and , again, announced
I'm a little Devil
I have a little suitcase
I came here to steal

Needless to say, the authorities weren't amused. One informed the devil that the UK was a nation of laws and such transgressions were simply forbidden.

So off the Devil went. Landing in Berlin, the Devil was greeted by a now familiar group of stern officials. Still, the diminutive tourist thought, why not and sat down his luggage, announcing

I'm a little Devil
I have a little suitcase
I came here to steal.

The German authorities weren't amused but still hoping to dissuade any ideas or images of autocracy or intimidation, smiled and entreated, listen friend, we're part of the EU now and such enterprise isn't exactly promoted here, but as a favor, I will tell you about a country south of here, where laws are slogans but little else and everyone steals and there is no real consequence.

So the Devil landed in Belgrade and approached the immigration cadre and stated

I'm a little Devil
I have -- hey, where the fuck is my suitcase!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:18 AM  
Blogger the feral professor said...

fantastic
-j

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home