Thursday, March 24, 2011

So, Today. . .

I was at a book shop, rather excited to have found a copy of Ignácio de Loyola Brandao's The Good-Bye Angel for four dollars. Some robust yet rather odd fellow was chatting with clerk, the less described, the better. The hearty fellow in the fishing vest had apparently finished a five minute description of a fantasy novel he had just finished reading. He then asked the clerk, well, what do you like? The twenty-something puffed a bit and said, I'm mostly into sci-fi, though I prefer the Russians, you know, like Stanislaw Lem? I should add that it has been a challenging week work wise, but i paused and deliberated whether i should say something, but thought better of the novel in my hands and quietly paid.

I think I may retreact my retractive adjustment from last night. I read more of Sunflower today and I find it intoxicating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home