Tuesday, October 18, 2011

1000 Page Stinkers

Reamde was put to bed yesterday. Should I say bin? It was completed and then my wife and I walked the two miles to the library and I returned it for the next hopeful soul willing to endure its heft for some transcendence or insight. There isn't any. Neal Stephenson has constructed a hyper-macho world of nerdy descriptions of swordplay and firearms. Thankfully this was wed with an alluring illumination into scientific curiosity. The product was largely exciting literature, even if one wanted to skim the action scenes. This enterprise ran aground early in Reamde. I kept plugging away. I was tempted to return the book at p. 700 but it was a Sunday and who wants to be depressed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home