Sunday, February 06, 2005

Uphill

Shiloh was completed yesterday afternoon as I took the outdoor cure in the gilded throes of a marvellous day.I thought that pacing of the text was remarkable and Foote added that every historical personage only said things which have been attributed to him from primary sources. I thought the sections pertaining to Forrest particularly were delineated with verve.

I must continue me train of apologies as indeed Mr. Foote did publish a novel, September September in 1978. Given some inclination to do otherwise i have resisted and will read another text from my 2005 list Wild Berries by Yevtushenko before resuming my reading of Magic Mountain. I read Die When You're Dead, Yevtushenko's novel about the attempted coup in Russia, in 2003 and was quite impressed with his eye for character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home