Saturday, July 30, 2005

Spheres in Collision

It has been over two weeks since i lasted posted. The time has been one of strife, emergency and (much-needed) escape.The night N went to the hospital I returned to this quiet abode and finding that beer couldn't calm my nerves I turned instead to Mr Foote and his account of how Vicksburg fell to Grant and subsequently how Bragg abandoned Middle Tennessee to Rosecrans. It was the former which caught my eye, as Pemberton was promised a full parole of his troops but over 700 of them elected to be interned as POWs.

gentlemen in England, now abed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here

Somehow I can't see Bard enduring the onslaught of the Gibraltar of Old Muddy with such ideals intact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home