Sunday, November 06, 2005

Echoes of Eco

One week ago, before twisters returned with aplomb, our way was made, as hass become habit, to Harold's. As I noted he found me a copy of Royal Family. Before that I had browsed about hoping to find a copy of Carlysle's French Revolution. I was out of luck, but hardly perturbed. Tuesday afternoon I was out walking around Fairmont Park with a client, walking back up the alley to wards the Center, I saw a rain soaked cardboard box filled with books. Hardly excited by the prospect of wet copies of shitbooks, i nevertheless broached the cache. Words hardly express the wonky amazement that struck me as the second book I grabbed was damp, but intact, Modern Library copy of the Carlysle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home