Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Impasse

Still reading the Dombrovsky, no real progress made, despite the weather, though the autumnal sun may be distracting me from the tome, the task at hand. There is a brief list now of that sought to describe the Stalinist night with Christian parables. Bulgakov is the most prominent example but Dombrovsky, perhaps, one ups him with a portrait of Pilate as a well-intentioned bureaucrat. The Show Trial of Christ then assumes broader implications, ones that Mel Gibson would cringe towards. The miasma of betrayal, of denouncement lurks throughout the book, though not in the hues explored by Grossman in Forever Flowing.

2 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

I am at an impasse with the Trotsky after p100. To dry. I surrender.

12:27 PM  
Blogger jon faith said...

Shit, man, you are scaring me! First that cycling photo and now, I haven't even started w/ the Trotsky. It's all good, though. My ass is quite ragged from the vocational grind.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home