Monday, November 13, 2006

Borislav Pekic

We returned late Saturday night. An Iraqi cabdriver drove us to the murky silence of New Albany. we were knackered. I finished the first volume of the Musil with great difficulty. It is an exhausting, albeit brilliant book, under the best of circumstances, it was not ideal for the flights back home.

The titled author above was a discovery during this trip, one of the few Balkan authors that the Plato carried in English, not that I am critical of such a paucity, their core audience in English prefers Dan Brown. So it goes. I really enjoyed The Houses of Belgrade as well as the corresponding walk all day on Thursday. My wife's friend Korana bought me another title by Pekic and I look forward to reading it soemtime after the holidays. Until then, I am harnessed under the yoke of the new Pynchon which I bought this a.m. I am also looking forward to whatever reveals itself per those wacky chaps at Samizdat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps a return to some fictional tomb for the holiday reading?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home