Saturday, September 20, 2008

Matters Concealed

I feel that I've stumbled into another impasse. I have drank heavily from DFW's early work these last 27 or so hours. I read most of The Girl With The Curious Hair and 100 pages of Broom of the System. I found such rather uneven.

I have occupied myself this afternoon with Coetzee's Waiting For The Barbarians, a brilliant diversion after a sprawling walk that led my wife and I all over this fair burg.

My leisure spawns a loathing of Clive James and his Cultural Amnesia, as enthralled as I was at the time. Given the primacy of Vienna in the book, where the hell was Robert Musil in the Aussie's trajectory?

1 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

I on the other hand have worked 127 hours since the Ike Storm 2008 blew through Sunday last.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home