Sunday, June 21, 2009

Post-Tempest Tippling

I don't recall many weeks of this impressive emotional caliber. It has been a challenge. Throughout such I am, and have been, grateful for the folks who care about me as well as the transportive prose of Matthiessen. I am now in the final section of Shadow Country and a tinge of sadness, perhaps prompted in other realms, has crept into my reading.

There was a bubble of interest on samizdat pertaining to Moby Dick but that was soon swallowed by the magnitude of Joel and Lena's wedding in Greece: bravo, brave ones. Only joshing towards the feral one, but i am pleased about this decision to pursue late-term maturity.

What's on the horizon? Hartley's Go-Between, Orwell's Burmese Days and a pursuit of a summer project through the work and biography of Greene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home