Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It Is A Drag


The heat and the NBA Finals conspire to pilfer my spirits. I should be able to manage affairs better at this point. Shadow Country continues to inspire, I have used it during the reading aloud periods of our summer workshop, I find it more effective than the E.T.A. Hoffmann that I was previously using. I also simply enjoying reading in vernacular; those familiar with my accent will enjoy the qualification.


I often think that Joel's gift subscription of the Economist has proved to be truly wonderful and debilitating addition/intrusion into my life. Let us keep our pocket sympathies close, for the wolves are just over that yonder hill.



Last weekend I bought a copy of 1984 with an introduction by Thomas Pynchon. Aside from that authorial bonus, I think I would like to reread that novel soon.

When I die, I will see the lining of the world.The other side, beyond bird, mountain, sunset.
--Czesław Miłosz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home