Sunday, October 18, 2009

Damn Those Kids

Shame on me, for the second time in the last 6 weeks, I have have hoped to swallow a minor classic, only to discover that my edition is a Puffin Classic; perhaps those comic-book cover art should have been a clue. Alas, I won't be reading Dracula at the present. I was thinking of the P and V translation of The Master and Margarita for the spooky season.

I am at p.250 in Mantel's Place of Greater Safety and i have to admit I would rather be reading or Carlysle or Schama.

I have resumed my reading of The Third Reich In Power and my what a happy tale that is proving.

The Children's Book is an amazing novel. A virtual compendium of Victorian art and mores. It sweeps the reader along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home