Friday, October 09, 2009

Updates

This week has proved progressive with the brilliant weather allowing ample outdoor reading at cafes, consulates and outside of High Street shopping. The inclimate days have likewise proved conducive. I have finished three books since that last posting: Virgin In The Garden, Gentleman of the Road and Out Stealing Horses. I find it intriguing that Byatt asserts herself with the idea that insular perceptions of academic life were about to be irrevocably changed shortly after the time depicted in her novel by the appearance of Lucky Jim. I am baffled to think of another work which appears like a reaper so often in my discussions and reading. I find that Joel yields it too prominent a pedestal in modern letters, but alas if Dame Byatt feels similar, I should defer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home