Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Erasing the Enabled

August ended without so much as a whisper here. I thought of Dorothy Parky typing that sentence.

I finished the Chabon on Sunday and then read Nazi Literature of the Americas by Roberto Bolano in a single sitting. The second book proved an apt bookend to the essence of the former: Chabon's lament over Israel the symbol and its complicating essence, especially in Middle Eastern geopolitics. Bolano's effort is an earnest one, its employment of bigotry, chauvinism and zealotry from the United States was exemplary.

I am now two hundred pages into The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters and my response so far is rather nondescript. Hitch-22 is also at the house and i may begin that one tomorrow.

Listening to BBC excerpts from Tony Blair's memoirs, I was left rather melancholy about the procession of the last 15 years or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home