Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Swerving Out of Fear

My life has maintained a just flow as of late. The Manchester Derby arrived and my side took a bruising. Recoiling form such I sought out Hrabal’s Dancing Lessons for the Advanced in Age. What a strumming delight that proved. The pain from Old Trafford subsided, albeit briefly, I was both captivated and tenderly embraced by the human asides of hilarity, boredom and tragedy.

My wife meanwhile was reading The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes. I had actually checked it out form the library two days before it won the Booker Prize. Yesterday we swapped books and I devoured the tale of mnemonics and ethics in a single evening. It was a delight afterwards and this morning to discuss and compare the cryptic ending from this gem of a novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home