Saturday, January 21, 2012

Adaptive Reuse

Just before noon today I was walking on Bardstown Road and I saw a cluster of birds feeding. This was a pleasant sight. I then noticed that they were eating from a puddle of human vomit.

My reading of The Dynamite Club continues well apace. I fear this will be yet another samizdat book where the only discussion is well after the fact. Consequently my reading of Javier Marias has halted for a day or so. It is likely a conflation of Your Face Tomorrow and the over-heralded adaptation of Tinker, Tailor, sailor, Spy which elicited groundswells concerning Eric Ambler amongst others. I dare say the analysis of the anarchists in John Merriman's The Dynamite Club is far too clinical for the smoky asides of that other genre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home