Sunday, July 31, 2005

Four More

Yes, a quartet of novels have been finished since my last posting, two weeks back. Despite Cormac Mccarthy's front page review in the Times I would not say that his latest No Country For Old Men is worth the attention. Barstool conservatism competes with a noir thriller without the thrill. I also read Children At The Gate by Edward Wallant and found it lacking, as i was expected to by the article I read about Wallant in the Guardian a year or so ago.

I read a Tale of Two Cities whilein Chicago and found it weight considerable. I ploughed through and will post my opinion on the samizdat site. I bought Nowhere Man by Aleksandr Hemon at Powell's in Chcago (along with 15 other titles) and read it my last day there. Quite impressive but boasting a sterotypical serb nationalist that will no doubt evoke my wife's wrath. Hemon is wonderful bard, I was quite thrilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home