Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Get Some, Marine

I have made it past p. 610 in the Vollmann, will likely finish this epic Thursday.

Ed's comment about discipline and the USMC is unnerving, not that I resent it, not at all, but its this idea of commitment that is ultimately desctuctive, not as its function to others as such, but as a series of intrinsic principles -- this is what plagues me.

There is time for talk about Nietzsche and Pynchon; it will likely be Catch-22 in Chicago: not the situation but the novel

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:20 PM  
Blogger edward parish said...

Hopefully I did not piss you off with my comments on the Marine Corp. We have plenty of ex-jarheads at my vocation and they all have this same mindset of Corp,Corp,Corp.

Once again, peace always.
ehp

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense.. .only defense (wink). It is a question of programming, the alterity of the human itself. be well - jon

11:50 PM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

Damn it, enable your word verification. Spam is annoying. Spammers will be killed during my dictatorship.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home