Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas

At a time when CS Lewsi hovers and even Tolkien appears through the maw of Kong, I discovered yet another Oxford-bred writer who pens fantasy for the young at heart, thoughPhillip Pullman's girst is much meatier than the famed. His philosphical (read atheistic) penchant is examined in this week's New Yorker and I bought it yesterday at carmichael's, essentially because it hosted a Nabokov story, published for the first time in English. Laura Miller, chief lit crit for Salon, wrote the piece and as I masticated the lengthy piece, i was struck -- as I so often am.

Be well, friends!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you found the book I left you in your truck last week?

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home