Saturday, July 08, 2006

Transitional Frustration

My sleep patterns have suffered as of late my reading took a downward turn as I entered the weekend. My mates have started Europe Central and I savored the first chapter this evening. I couldn't locate any interest yesterday, I was sort of scattered, hearing Slide Hampton and Rufus Reid helped and I slept like a log. I had thought of reading Dostoevsky's White Nights this a.m. (As Vollmann cites it in Europe Central) but I worked four hours for African cash and shelved the book upon my return home. I actually took a nap after the Germany-Portugal match and then started reading Imperium by Kapuscinski, given its thematic correlation with the Vollmann. I am sure that over the rest of the summer I will manage lightening strikes into other books while maintaining the samizdat schedule.

My copy of Eyeless in Gaza arrived today but the moment is obviously inconducive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home