Sunday, February 11, 2007

Environment

It was noted that White listened to the Berg violin concerto constantly while penning Voss. I can see why. I listened to the entire Monk on Blue Note boxed set yesterday while reading the final 140 pages, a fusion of excellence. I must admit that the concluding structure of time cuts was remarkable. I am sure that nearly every reader likes to imagine themselves as being of Laura and Voss' caliber. I doubt few of us are.

It was an early evening last night. I can't say I felt better per se. I spent the final hour exploring well into chapter 5 of the Dostoevsky. This translation appears to crackle, quite a departure from the Garrett which I cut my teeth upon. The chap's name is Andrew MacAndrew, how deliciously odd, hmm Humbert Humbert, Jean Valjean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home