Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dorothy Parker's Tired Ass

And vice versa.

It has not been a day for reading, lovely as it was. I only read dozen pages this a.m. though I did appreciate the mild propulsion the novel takes, pushing it by a weeks to allow Wolf and Gerda further consummation without the heavy lifting of domesticity. I a have returned to my comparisons with Patrick White, particularly Voss and the wraithic presence of Christie. Indeed Voss boasted no incest, but the meanderings and tunneled vice which occupy and imprison Blacksod are rather remarkable.I did hope for explosions of ideas, perhaps geysering from the malevolent presence of Urquart and his organic, Rabelaisian view of History. Perhaps that will develop later, there does remain 350 pages in the novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home