Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Taste The Wash

We are going to see Gomez tonight and I may take the nerdy track by transporting Measuring the World along for that interminable period before even the opening band struggles on stage with that rambling defiance that seldom fails to annoy me. I thought that I would finish the Kehlmann yesterday but i still have a third of the novel to go. The parallel stories of the historical principals Humboldt and Gauss are close to intersecting and I have to admit to being enthralled throughout. As noted yesterday, the novel is quite humorous, taking a different approach than, say, John Banville in his Kepler and Doctor Copernicus, but not quite being zany like Pynchon or his understudy Neal Stephenson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home