Monday, August 03, 2009

Back

Passage out of Greeneland was elementary, if exhausting. I finished Burnt-Out Case last week and I find that I enjoyed it more than any other Greene novel of the July crusade. The Human Factor would likely rank second. I remarked to my wife that as he aged his novels simply became opportunities for priests to brace their doubtful hearts with a triple brandy and a martyr's needs to pass on state secrets whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Exchanging my currency at the frontier I picked up Murakami's memoir What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. I read it in its entirety Friday afternoon while walking around the city. I can't say I would recommend it to anyone, even diehard Harukiheads like my wife and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home