Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tenth Man

It surfaces in the novella's introduction, that when Greene's attorney was notified by MGM that they were considering filming his brief World War II piece, he was puzzled; after all, wasn't there but a two page treatment of a script idea? I told my wife earlier this afternoon, that I obviously don't know what it means to be 75 nor to have penned dozens of novels; but how fascinating it remains to ponder the possibility of having forgotten that one once penned a nearly 120 page novella? I greatly enjoyed the tale's tension, the standard tropes of guilt and flight.

I may read another 100 pages of Moby Dick this evening as we're going to an outdoor concert of the Louisville Orchestra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home