Saturday, October 30, 2010

So Much, So Weak

I have spent most of the week incapacitated by some measure of a throat/chest infection. Slowly returning to the norm, I have plentiful opportunities and I finished three books in the last four days.

Freedom - Jonathan Franzen
My friends at samizdat are also involved so I won't delineate.

Enduring Love - Ian McEwan
The opening section a marvel, so precise and yet stumbling a reframing. Unfortunately traction is lost midway through the novel. Despite this almost characteristic flaw of Mr. "McCabre", I still enjoyed it immensely.

The Box: Tales From The Darkroom - Gunter Grass
I was touched by this further autobiography of Herr Grass. The Master employs a novelistic varnish towards imagined discussions amonst his eight children, covering most of his literary career, his four marriages and nearly fifty years of German history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home