Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Basics

After the delightful Balzac detour I spent the remainder of our time in Chicago with London Fields. It has been a welcome companion upon returning to work, though global events have been pushing Steve Coll's Ghost Wars in my direction. I also picked a copy of Mark Kurlansky's book about the events of 1968, it cost me a quarter. We shall see.

Today is election day in our hamlet and while Soyinka reminds us that post-election fatalities constitute "the Nigerian way of death," it is but apathy which laps upon our own shores. There was a fellow working the polls this morning with a handsome tome resting on the table. i craned my neck to see the specifics but was unable to ascertain. I wish my friends running for office the best of luck today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home