Thursday, November 03, 2011

Heft

My copy of 1Q84 arrived last Friday, just before we headed north to Chicago. Despite my being on holiday as such. There haven't proved to be enormous slabs of time for reading. I have skipped about with my murakami in tow and managed 20-30 pages stretches. This has culminated in my being around p.400.

My observations have perched around the idea that is may be the darkest work yet from the Nipponese author. It is reckless to suggest, but I felt initially that this was some measure of a response to 2666. Many of the Murakami leitmotifs are present in abundance; the alienation, the awkward encounters with younger women, the brushing with edges of something sinister. Apart form that, this is more visceral than I've grown to expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home