Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wishing Hope Solo Was Ill

Manuel Neuer demonstrated poise today. The pair of second ties in the Champions League semifinals were ecstatic evidence that football is an amazing game and nothing else compares. I could offer an analogy with Steve Erickson's Zeroville which moved me immensely. I wrote elsewhere that during my entire adult reading span, this is the book I wish that I would have penned.  I then read his The Sun Came In At Midnight and the pose motif  of lost children and amniotic insanity wore thin.

A few days later I read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. What a waste that proved. Really cool bug people attack the Earth and in response, the humans declare that bright kids are culled into training centers and then we have Mitt Romney in Sparta. Trust me, it becomes much worse after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home