Saturday, February 12, 2005

Updating the list

7) Shiloh - Foote
8) Wild Berries - Yevtushenko
9)Interviews With Shelby Foote

Catching my breath I have pondered that I may read Blood Merdian by Cormac Mccarthy sometime soon. That will likely block the last Larry Brown from contention but alas my plate remains crammed, overlaoded and dripping. It appears that a Lincoln bio will be the next selection for the Samizdat blokes. It will easily be approaching the ides of March before both the Mann and the second volume of the Narrative will be put to rest. I think Mr. Waugh will also suffer from the competition, his unapproachable style doesn't appear as immediate as these other tasks.

Books littering around the foot of my bed which snipe at my attentions: Line of Beauty by Hollinghurst, Kafka on the Shore by Murakami, Lee (the abridgement in one volume) by Douglas Freeman, and That Devil Forrest by Wyeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home