Saturday, August 20, 2005

generous morning

While it is remains the earliest I have awoken unsolicited for some time, the day is robust with promise as espresso flows like soma, it is Bergson in a demitasse. I was restless last night and avoiding the lures of DVDs I paused to cinsider my self-imposed Dogma for August. I believe that i stated that my choices in fiction woul be before 1940. Hating myself for this diversion, I picked up the biography of Henry Roth that Joel lavishly bought me for my birthday. i read 30 pages and was impressed by opening salvo in an assault, if you will, on such enigmatic participant in the American literary enterprise. I also harbor suspicions about the biographer's orientation in terms of ethnic studies and sexual orientation. It should make an apprpriate detour.

I plan on returning to Howards End, though it is odd, that when related in a pub, the reply is often, so, do you like People's Histories?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home