Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ditched

I don't know what it is about Kapuschinski. His prose doesn't move me, it jars me -- away. This might be tanatmount to what Miles Davis thought about Ornette Coleman when the latter came to New York in the late 50s to record for Atalntic. I am humbled by such a suggestion and will refrain for further distortion. Forgive me. I haven't been sleeping well. Congestion: proto-headcold. This may be factor as well. I have shifted exclusively to the Vollmann for the time being.

I considered yesterday a books bought section, like Nick Hornby has in the Believer. I am not awed by Hornby the novelist. I thinks he's maudlin at best. I do commend his efforts to inject brainy pop culture into his middle-brow novels. I have also thought of a middle of the year inventory, deciding what are the best books i have read thus far. That may soon materialize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home