Saturday, January 06, 2007

Orthodox Christmas

I was at the library's books ale early this a.m. I wanted to browse for both Rybakov novels as well as certain history texts which have inspired interest as of late. I found neither. Instead I picked up a book which instantly recalled this review:

http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/generalfiction/story/0,,1135415,00.html

Eager to return home, I paid and fled. the promise of that first story, apparently so urgent and meaningful in the Guardian review struck me as a worn thematic, especially given a knowledge of recent novels like Middlesex and Everything is Illuminated. The second story was far superior, though it must be remembered that I am not drawn to the format. I am delaying further verdicts and schedules as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home