Sunday, March 25, 2007

Keeping Pace

I am sunburnt from yesterday, remarkable in March. I have read a great deal (150 pages) of the Ackroyd and have enjoyed Oliver Twist, though at a slower rate: 45 pages. The Pynchon conclusion is still forthcoming. My wife has been building shelves all day and I have been moving books, a delightful task, to be sure, but exhausting.

I bought a few books yesterday notably Hobsbawm's Age of Empire which will be my nonfiction choice after I finish Ackroyd's London. My wife likely won't be reading for recreation until after she completes her certification testing for work, hence the Dostoevsky will remain idle. Speaking of which, new blood and an infirmed Roger Baylor will hopefully spur a new choice for samizdat. I also have the Bolano arriving quite soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

No global warming!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home