Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Drifting

I picked up the new Jim Crace on Monday but i haven't afforded it any serious attention, actually it has been an uphill sort of week thus far. The Sutcliff has been lowered as it hasn't been leveraged by any work relativity. I have pushed ahead in the Kelly andam eighty pages from the novel's end. I also own The Rackets but I have to admit it is doubtful the circumstances which would advise its reading. My friend Roger has next on samizdat and he is considering either the bio of Kingsley Amis or the new memoir from George Konrad. I would be excited about either. I have a pair of novels from the Hungarian and I feel as if Amis were a family friend anyhow.

I was goofing off eysterday with my typical Gibbon and Blog google and I found

www.romanhistorybooks.typepad.com

which appears REALLY interesting. I may join up for some of their briefer, read non-Gibbon, works this summer. The discussion about the Pears appeared fruitful (bad pun), a novel nonetheless I had considered reading during my prior encounter with The Fingerpost.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog.

I hope you'll join us for the Gibbon chats!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home