Saturday, May 12, 2007

Joseph O'Connor

I was impressed with a recent Guardian review of a novel titled Redemption Falls about the Irish experience in the American Civil War, a brutal meandering spared the maudlin tones of Cold Mountain. I told Ed and some other folks about, noting the recent spike in Civil War novels see The March and Amalgamation Polka, and that it would be published here in the fall. Quick research revealed that the library had his most recent novel and I just read a page or two -- all of which was punctuated by this stubborn thought that I know this bloke from somewhere. Thanks god for wikipedia.

He is the brother of dear Sinead and I recall an interview with him a few years back. Memory and history can be bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home