Wednesday, September 05, 2007

No Smile for Post 500

I can't explain these last two days. I did abandon the Bellow on Monday evening, read up on my Byzantines instead. I started Johnson's Fiskadaro yesterday, hoping to bridge into the Tree of Smoke and I remain, as Joel noted, leery of a Robert Stone catharsis of the battlefield, man. That reminds of thew glowing praise that Harold attached to Stone's Dog Soldiers; I just didn't see it, maybe it would dividend now, maybe I had to have been of age at that specific time?

I was ready for Tree of Smoke but alas it wasn't in. There much to surmise from this but all shall fall to the ground. I have harbor many such observations as of late. I don't know.

I do know that I have been remiss per the Broch. I really like the vineyard of prose but i haven't performed the work. It has been nearly three years since I began this brittle echo. I still don't know what it means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home