Monday, October 08, 2007

Gaucho Vino

I finished Fiasco on Saturday, reflecting on a situation rife with failure and how, paradoxically, it is impossible in our "free-est" society we can't debate corrective measures to such a dilemma.

It simply isn't done.

Perhaps Seymour Hersch is right and we should pull out tomorrow. There would be retaliations and killing sprees but simply at normnal speed as opposed to the frame-by-frame crescendo of terror which we are witnessing today.

I don't know what I want to read next. I have spent considerable time with Trevor-Roper and Arendt these last few days.

I wasn't implying that either Mr. Parish nor Mr. Wimp were brownshirts. I supplied the Foucault to address the myriad queries as to why "Ordinary Men" always fill the ranks for the death squads.

2 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

None taken, I don't look good in brown, the hair you know.

Seymour Hersch for President 2008. Heard Sey on NPR today and he is a very moderate thinking man, whom gets not enough credit, but too much flack for being too left. Not so...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Highwayman said...

Jon,
As you so often remind me, it's all good.

The draw for me in that which "we" have created over the past decade and a half, is that we each can express ourselves and not fear condemnation for doing so.

Sharing veiws while often agreeing to disagree on them is a wonderous thing.

Our sharing a pint of world class beer in the process is the icing on the cake.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home