Friday, July 21, 2006

Catching on

When you wake up, with the remains if a paradise half-seen in dreams hanging down over you like the hair on someone who's drowned . . . -- Cortazar

There has been little of the actual liquid as of late, on the stuttered spark of slain relations, apparently PC difficulties abound nearly everywhere outside of Vincennes Street. I have felt the loss at work but vocational force has coupled with the extreme weather to leave me worthless upon dusk. I have had my normal attention this week as the wheels felt loose on my reading of Gemeni by Tournier. I was prompted to return to the Vollmann by a further fit of industry by Roger. I read the brief essay from 1939 on Marrakesh by Orwell late last night and what a bleak tale does he unfurl. I am unsure of his motivation and while he expounds at length on the inability of Westerners to see the inhabitants of the Morocco (or the entire developing world) what he actually sees is puzzling. I continue to save and wait for the trip.

I need bookish motivation.

1 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

"JF said "bookish motivation" It has been my twist that it is oh so hard to read when it gets this freaking hot, at least for me. Try something very light that does not take much effort. Remember mate, this is the exact opposite of the dead of winter when dealing with the bodies reaction to anything.

Peace

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home