Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Time Served

Sunday evening saw me still enthroned upon my new rocker, having felt sated with the Powers I read Accident by Christa Wolf. The late 80s novella chronicles an apprehensive afternoon in East Germany as reports filter in from Chernobyl and these are countered with urgent thought's about the protagonist's brother who is undergoing brain surgery. Questions on technology and its indelible effect on matters human are explored in this moving text. I was grateful.

1 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

Your question of Shostakovich on our SAMIZDAT is one that I need to ponder. The story of N and the holding of the rocker is priceless. That will be one you and her will rememeber for ever.
Cheers.....

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home