Monday, December 29, 2008

Winter Nights

My wife stayed home sick today. This evening there was simply jazz and reading. I have started Possession by A.S. Byatt. I have no ready explanation for this, but I am enjoying it. I suspect this was what Ackroyd wanted Chatterton to be, possibly not, I suppose. The grump wouldn't admit such by any right. It is a narrow approach.

My wife noted that I took the Desai upstairs and returned with both Possession and The Woman In White. I haven't determined if i simply like surrounding myself with tomes or if I sensed my sloth and indecision and was simply larding the hamper in any case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

I just finished Possession last week (for the 2nd time) and enjoyed it as well.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home