Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Eclipses and Gratitude

The week at work was truncated and I have found I am marshaling my time better. I have also been more disposed to lengthy reading in the evenings. My wife finished Broom Of The System on Monday and she was surprised that I hadn't finished it. She asked and I replied that I wasn't geared for satire after his demise and how, strangely, I found a perfect measure in Coetzee's Waiting For The Barbarians.

Following this joint outpouring, my wife stared down my Christmas book to her: What Can I Do When Everything Is On Fire by Antonio Lobo Antunes.

I have been elated in turn with Byatt's Possession and have also take a spell to consider a tandem book for us to share. My heart rate escalated as I considered Gormenhast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake. My wife went with my other selection, The Intuitionist by Colsin Whitehead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home