Sunday, December 04, 2011

Twinnings

Often when I think about John Gardner, my thoughts sort of hyperlink to Iris Murdoch. I'm not sure about the causes for such.

I completed Babel Tower, which was a messy shit of a book; an unfortunate detour form the narrative of Virgin In The Garden and Still Life. I then read Aiding and Abetting by Muriel Spark, which amused me but felt as if it were an exercise. I also think of Severed Head by Iris Murdoch when I think of Muriel Spark. I have only read a pair of her lesser efforts but both betray the the interior mechanisms of Severed Head: that isn't a compliment.

I did pick up Books Burn Badly and am nearly through such. head ways have also been made in The Doll and Cold Comfort Farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home