Sunday, September 04, 2005

Question of Bruno

My ongoing cold (exacerbated, no doubt, by foolish smoking of cigars this a.m. with Tim Eads) forced me to recline, use kleenexes with abndon and read the initial collection from Hemon. I am most thankful for thsi loan from ed. There is something serial and recursive in Hemon's work, a protean mantra of Eastern Europe, mutating through translations and the tides of history. I really enjoyed the nostalgic stories more than the contemporary emigre stuff. The story about the Hemoniad reunion in Bosnia is priceless.

My reading of Vollman continues and this afternoon, amdist hacking coughs, I have hefted Weiss' Aesthetics of Resistance which appears to be ominously dense.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TypePad spam defences breached.
Threadwatch reports that trackback spammers have found a way of getting past the protection provided to users of Six Apart's paid blogging servce TypePad, with well known blogger Seth Godin being targeted.
You have an interesting blog!
broadband phone service

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home